for AARP members is here.
AARP® Credit and Identity Theft Protectionfrom TrustedID®. Here's how it helps you keep your personal information, online and offline, under your control...
- Get credit monitoring and alerts from all three major bureaus.
- Choose from individual and family plans that include children and grandchildren.
- Have your Social Security number and public records proactively monitored.
- Feel more confident knowing TrustedID is monitoring usage of your medical benefits.
- Store your information using TrustedID's Lost Wallet feature
in case your wallet is lost or stolen.
- Help protect your privacy while interacting with family and friends on Facebook.
- Rely on trusted, friendly experts when you call TrustedID On-Call Protection Specialists.
Recognize the risks, and take action to protect yourself.Here's why this protection makes sense, especially for 50+ adults...
- 50+ Americans are the fastest-growing segment of computer and Internet users. According to the FBI, this makes you a more likely target for Internet fraud.1
- You are at the highest risk for telemarketing scams and medical fraud.2
- Insurance provider MetLife found that Americans over the age of 60 lost about $2.9 billion to financial abuse/fraud. In many cases, fraudsters stole Medicare/Medicaid benefits, resulting in losses of $38 million.3
- Your age group accounts for 10-13% of all
identity theftcases, and over 3.5 million households with 50+ adults have been affected by identity theft.4
- Because you are more likely to own your home and have
good credit, your financial standing is all the more attractive to identity thieves.5
TrustedID created this service to help AARP members spend more quality time with family and friends and less time worrying about who could be using your personal information and good credit for their own benefit. Learn more about identity theft and how it impacts you and your family.
- 1 Private WiFi, What Seniors Need to Know About Online Identity Theft
- 2. National Crime Prevention Council, Senior Fraud
- 3. CNN Money, Seniors Lose Billions to Financial Abuse
- 4. Private WiFi, Real Stories of ID Theft
- Greenberg & Bederman, LLP., Identity Theft Amongst Seniors Rising
- 5. The FBI Federal Bureau of Investigation, Fraud Target: Seniors Citizens
enhanced identity and credit protectionfor a special price.
Here's how you get started...
As an AARP member, what special benefits do I get?
In addition to proactive identity and credit monitoring, great service and timely alerts, AARP members get exclusive protection features like court records monitoring, monthly credit score tracking, change of address monitoring and tax identity protection.
Which plan is right for me?
Both individual and family plans include all of the unique, proactive safeguards listed on this page. So whether you are looking for individual coverage for yourself or looking to protect yourself plus a spouse or other family members (one other adult and/or up to two children/grandchildren), TrustedID has a plan for you. You can also choose between annual and monthly plans, according to how you would like to be billed.
Why are annual plans the "best value"?
TrustedID's annual plans provide AARP members with even more savings, and you only have to keep track of one billing installment per year. In fact, if you select the annual family plan, you save 31% over the monthly family plan.
Every AARP® Credit and Identity Theft Protection
from TrustedID® plan includes:
- Court Records Monitoring
- Tax Identity Protection
- Change of Address Monitoring
- Monthly Credit Score Tracking
- Three-Bureau Credit Monitoring
- Identity Monitoring
- Black Market Internet Monitoring
- Lost Wallet Protection
- Three-Bureau Credit Scores and Report
- Medical Identity Protection
- Social Network Monitoring
- Fraud Alert Reminder Service
- On-Call Protection Specialists
- $1 Million Service Warranty*
TrustedID is a leading company that delivers identity protectionto millions of customers.
With credit and identity protection including credit monitoring, identity monitoring, online reputation evaluation, privacy and consumer choice services, TrustedID is widely recognized as the most comprehensive service available. TrustedID also has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. Learn more about TrustedID.
TrustedID is excited to have the opportunity to present AARP members with an exclusive product that not only offers special pricing but also new, exciting protection features. When AARP members sign up for AARP® Credit and Identity Theft Protection from TrustedID®, they are benefiting from award-winning protection and top-notch support from TrustedID's trained On-Call Protection Specialists.
Join TrustedID on Facebook and Twitter!